Situation 1: Joe & Jane Smith
Joe and Jane, a husband and wife in their early 50s, ran a business that took up the majority of their lives and left little time for them to manage the issues in their financial lives.
Their main issues included:
- Having extended family in their business which created special issues for them in financial planning.
- Being of the “Sandwich Generation” with parents and children counting on them.
- Adding to “Savings” but they had not laid out any specific goals for those savings and were not sure how much they needed to achieve each of their goals.
- Having no plan if something were to happen to Joe, and Jane was left alone to manage everything.
How we helped them:
By planning we were able to make key changes that improved their outlook and potentially their long-term outcomes.
- Most importantly, we put into place a more in-depth retirement plan including a Cash Balance Plan to make sure that they are allocating their resources in the most efficient way, which included a tax mitigation strategy.
- At the same time, we helped them to make sure the entire family was protected financially through the use of life insurance in the event that something happens to Joe.
- As we continued working with them, they were presented with an opportunity to sell the business, and we completed a thorough financial analysis to help them sell while still having the funds last them for their lifetime.
- To make sure that their legacy remained as they envisioned it, we worked with other trusted advisors to help them establish a family trust to help ensure that their hard-fought assets remained with their multi-generational family.
After engaging us to work with them to manage their wealth, they are now able to spend time with family, follow their many hobbies and start another business.
2850 N. Swan Road, Suite 100
Tucson, Arizona 85712
4647 N. 32nd Street, Suite 110
Phoenix, Arizona 85018
Copyright 2023. Zeches Wealth Management, A Registered Investment Advisor.